VBA Negotiation Skills at Huthwaite International
Negotiations play a critical part in both the profitability and effectiveness of an organisation. Regularly doing it badly can have a substantial compound effect on business. VBA Negotiation Skills gives you and your team the tools and skills to conclude the best possible outcomes and boost business.
Essential training for: purchasing and sales teams who regularly negotiate on up to six issues (either external or internal), where negotiations are often similar from one to the next, and you have the mandate to agree terms.
VBA Negotiation Skills will provide your people with tools and skills to avoid concessions, reach better deals, improve margins, sustain good relationships with customers and/or suppliers, and approach all the negotiations they typically face with sharper negotiation skills and renewed confidence.
Huthwaite also offer advanced training in VBA Complex Negotiation for the more complex scenarios.
By the end of this Huthwaite VBA Negotiation skills programme, participants will:
- Understand the VBA model and the DNA of a world class negotiation
- Understand the relationship between selling and negotiating and the overlaps
- Know how to prepare and plan in a structured way, using the VBA Success Model
- Know how to develop strategies and tactics to take the negotiation to the desired outcome
- Understand where power comes from in negotiations and learn how to bargain
- Be able to maintain a positive climate
- Be able to calculate the other party’s position and deal effectively with negative tactics
- Compare their own behaviours with those of the researched Success Model and adopt them successfully
- Create an Action Plan for continued development of the skills learnt.
The VBA Negotiation Skills programme is a two-day classroom based programme which is preceded by approximately two hours of e-learning.
In the classroom, delegates do short exercises to practise the behaviours which are key to effective negotiation and get short inputs from the trainer on key negotiation topics.
Delegates also prepare, plan, conduct and evaluate small group negotiations, during which they observe, analyse and give feedback on each other’s negotiating behaviours, using the VBA Success Model.
The two-day negotiating skills programme is staffed by one Huthwaite trainer for up to twelve delegates.
We can align the event to your own real world and therefore maximise the return on investment. These include:
- Focus on buy-side, sell-side or mixed
- Conduct a pre-programme consultation to assess gaps in processes, skills and confidence levels using the Huthwaite Negotiation Quick Test
- Customise the negotiation simulations
- Coaching to help embed the training
- Real deal workshops using a Huthwaite coach.