VBA Complex Negotiation
The VBA Complex Negotiation programme is for you if you or your team negotiate as buyers or sellers – or carry out inter-company negotiations. It is an advanced negotiation skills course that helps you understand the DNA of a successful negotiation and acquire the skills to achieve the best outcome.
This advanced negotiation skills course also teaches you about the power of behaviour and how to use behavioural skills to achieve a good outcome.
Behaviours are especially valuable when you are faced with a negotiation without warning and have no time to prepare or to provide an additional advantage in complex negotiation situations.
The learning will enable you to avoid simple concessions, conclude sustainable deals, surrender less margin in a sale, save money in a strategic purchase, and have a framework for future negotiation.
To keep up to date with latest negotiation research and insights follow our Negotiation LinkedIn page.
By the end of this advanced negotiation skills programme, participants will:
- Understand the VBA model and the DNA of a world class negotiation
- Know how to analyse the context of a negotiation and prepare an optimal negotiating position
- Be able to differentiate between preparation and planning
- Be familiar with best practice tools
- Be able to calculate the cost of concessions
- Be able to plan a variety of tactics to move the negotiation towards a desired outcome
- Understand how to open and conclude a negotiation
- Understand the concepts of levers and bargaining and how to apply them
- Be able to describe and use the key behaviours used by world class negotiators
- Be able to describe and avoid the behaviours that have a negative effect on negotiations
- Know how to maintain a positive climate, deal with ‘dirty tricks’ and overcome stagnation or deadlock.
Participants will receive a benchmark review of their performance against the excellence negotiation model and be given constructive and objective feedback as well as their own personalised Action Plan for ongoing development.
A typical three day programme consists of interactive exercises and negotiation simulations – followed by expert feedback and review. The three day classroom event is staffed by three Huthwaite Consultants, for up to twelve delegates.
We have numerous customisation options to maximise the return on investment by aligning the event to your delegates’ real-world. These include:
- Event duration (one to four days)
- Buy-side, sell-side or mixed
- Pre-programme consultation to assess gaps in processes, skills and confidence levels using the Huthwaite Negotiation Quick Test
- Customised negotiation simulations
- Coaching to help embed the training
- Real deal workshops for negotiators using a Huthwaite coach.