How we are preparing for the GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on 25th May 2018 and will regulate the use of personal data throughout the EU. Like many companies Huthwaite International is reviewing our existing policies and processes to ensure we will meet the requirements of the new Regulation.
We have appointed a designated Compliance Manager who is working closely with our management team and the Huthwaite Board to prepare for the GDPR. Our plans have accuracy, transparency and responsibility at their heart.
Currently we are:
- auditing any personal data that we hold and recording how we process it
- ensuring our data security measures continue to provide the high level of protection that we require
- updating our privacy notices to ensure that our customers, partners and colleagues are clear about how we manage personal data
- reviewing and updating our processes, policies and other documentation in line with the GDPR
- raising awareness of the GDPR throughout our business and running training sessions for our staff
- reviewing our client and supplier contracts to ensure that any personal data we share is secure and processed appropriately
- making sure that marketing communications about our thought leadership, products and services are managed in line with your preferences
- ensuring any data shared outside the UK as part of our international business activities is as expected
We will be updating this checklist in the run up to the GDPR implementation date. If you would like more information or have any questions, please email us at email@example.com